So you want to make an OC?: A Masterpost of Ways to Create, Develop, and Make Good OCs!
i made this masterpost in hopes that it helps you in making your own OCs ah;; it can also apply to developing RP characters i suppose! if you’d like to add more resources then go for it sugar pea (´ヮ`)!
How to Write Better OCs:
- basic tips on how to make your oc even better
- tragic backstory? learn how to write one/make yours great
- writing specific characters
- a wordier, great guide on how to develop your character
- kick out those vague descriptions and make them AWESOME
- how to actually make an OC
- Q&A (to develop characters)
- more Q&As
- giving your character a backstory
- how to write an attractive character
- adding more racial diversity
- avoiding tokenism, AKA, how to add diversity to your cast not just because you “need” it
- writing sexuality and gender expression (doesnt include non binary, if you have a good ref to that, please add on!)
- masterpost on writing more diversity into your story
- cultures of the world
- guides to drawing different ethnicities (not just a great art reference, but also really helpful in appearance descriptions!)
Mary Sue/Gary Stu
- Test to see if your character is a Sue
- Explains subdivisions of Sues/Stus
- Powerful Characters Don’t Have to Be Sues
- villain generator
- need an evil sounding name for your evil character? bam
- villain archetypes
- what’s your villain’s motive for being a villain?
- character perceptions (What your character thinks of themselves and what others think of them)
- how to write strong relationships between two characters
- 8 ways to write better characters and develop their relationships with others
- OCxLove Interest Handbook
- develop your couple with good ol’ Q&A!
- how to write realistic relationships
- how to write relatives for your characters (this is more OC related to a canon character, but will help in writing family members in general)
- 12 common archetypes
- 8 archetypes for male/female characters
- female archetypes (goes pretty indepth from two main categories)
- a list of archetypes
- tips for better design
- basic appearance generator
- pinterest board for character design (includes NSFW and images of skeletons/exposed muscle (?) so tread carefully!)
- clothing ref masterpost
- give your character better powers
- a list of professions
- proactive vs reactive characters
- positive and negative traits
- interest generator
- skills generator
- motivation generator
- 123 ideas for character flaws
- list of phobias
again, this is to help inspire you or help establish your OCs! i hope you get a lot of info and help from this ahh ( ´ ▽ ` )ﾉ
Today in a debate I told the entire class the friendzone doesn’t exist and three boys gasped like I told them their parents had died
#the aperture science computer aided enrichment center would like to kindly ask you not to break the laws of physics during your testing period #if you feel the need to wreak such existential mayhem #please equip the patented singularity proof aperture science communication device to document your excruciating demise #friends and family will be awarded with a complementary plaque for your contribution to Science (via emitter-of-learjets)
Point C is easy to address, though. Every time you open a portal somewhere else, they both close, which would in turn cut your rod, dropping it through the newly opened portals.
Same for B, since the portals have to be on stationary objects or they’ll just disperse.
Unless you want to consider that a mechanic they invented purely to simplify the way they’re used. I think it makes sense either way.
my linguistics textbook just pointed out that unlockable could either mean “able to be unlocked” or “not able to be locked.”
i hate how parents can’t just accept that they are wrong like i know you have more knowledge, experience and all that ish but like u can still be wrong god dammit
calling people on the phone is more stressful than open heart surgery
“Hey, buy me this thing”
“waIT NO I WAS KIDDING PLEASE DON’T OH MY GOD I CAN’T ACCEPT THIS STOP BEING SO NICE DON’T YOU DARE GET ME THIS THING I ASKED FOR I SWEAR TO GOD”
"Here, I bought you the thing"
"I TOLD YOU NOT TO I CAN’T ACCEPT THIS"
"just take it"
"I CAN’T-if you insist oK THANK YOU VERY MUCH"
reblog if your dick is longer than your arm
"Man humans are lame why don’t we have like wings/horns/etc"
Humans can’t even handle having different skin colors how well do you really think that would go
sexuality is literally the most fluid thing ever and i have no idea what to think anymore the only thing i know is that hot people are hot